CER has an 90-year history of providing information to the career education community. CER is published once a month and strives to be THE source of news, best practices, ideas, and commentary to higher learning executives.
CER covers a wide range of topics that assist school leaders in all areas of education including, but not limited to, admissions, school operations, student retention, public policy, compliance, and curriculum development. Articles are written for top executives and leaders of career education schools. Ideas should focus on practical applications, actionable items or bring new light to key issues concerning higher education. CER will accept editorial submissions for the print issue or the CER Daily News email.
Submissions should be in the following format:
- Clear, descriptive headline
- Byline with name, title, and organization
- Short summary of article (1 to 2 sentences)
- Article (1,500 to 4,000 words)
- Citations should be done in APA
- Include author Bio and Picture
- Include author Contact Information
If you have an idea for a story you would like us to consider, please submit the following information:
- What is the message of your article?
- How does it relate to career education?
- What research, if any, have you conducted?
- What will readers learn from this article?
Content should be original and accurate. Information that is not common knowledge or personal should be cited. Clearly credit facts and quotes to their source within the text and or at the end of your content.
When evaluating submissions, the editor-in-chief will be looking to see if content is new, relevant, and useful to career education schools and their students.
EDITORIAL CALENDAR 2017
- Jan. Issue – Deadline Dec. 28
- Feb. Issue – Deadline Jan. 25
- March Issue – Deadline Feb. 20
- April Issue – Deadline March 27
- May Issue – Deadline April 24
- June Issue – Deadline May 22
- July Issue – Deadline June 26
- Aug. Issue – Deadline July 24
- Sept. Issue – Deadline Aug. 28
- Oct. Issue – Deadline Sept. 18
- Nov. Issue – Deadline Oct. 23
- Dec. Issue – Deadline Nov. 20
Submissions should be sent in Word document to Jenny Faubert, Editor-in-Chief of Career Education Review at email@example.com. Submissions may take up to two to four weeks for review.
Note: Articles that discuss author’s products or services will be considered as long as they are informative, relevant and useful to our readers.
CER has the right to make grammar and other small edits to the article without author review. Major revisions will be sent to the author for review. CER has the right to publish the article on the website CareerEducationReview.net.